Frequently Asked Questions
Do Flookup developers view user data?
- No, it is our policy not track users or usage patterns outside the script execution data (successes and failures) that Google provides by default.
Does Flookup transmit spreadsheet data to any third party?
- No, Flookup does not transmit spreadsheet data to anyone.
Does Flookup store the spreadsheet data it processes?
- No, Flookup does not store any spreadsheet data it processes; we do not have any need to do so.
Sign in with Google temporarily disabled
While attempting to install Flookup, you might see this message:
Sign in with Google temporarily disabled for this app. This app has not been verified yet by Google in order to use Google Sign In
This is a system error from our host and we are working on ways of getting it fixed.
In the meantime, we recommend that you refresh your browser (possibly clear your cache/cookies), then try again. Logging out of one account, in case you are logged into 2 different accounts a the same time, also helps fix this error.
About Flookup Permissions
Add-ons that request certain sensitive OAuth scopes (permissions) are subject to verification by Google. Below is a list of the OAuth scopes that we were granted permission to use with Flookup (after completing the said verification) and a brief description of how we use them:
View your email address
- Flookup views your email address strictly for the purposes managing your subscription.
Connect to an external service
- Flookup connects to a database within Google's ecosystem (https://firebase.google.com) to store subscription information. This information, which is retrieved from PayPal, includes your email address, amount you paid and the subscription plan you are on.
Display and run third-party web content in prompts and sidebars inside Google applications
- Flookup has functions that display prompts to communicate important messages to you or to initiate certain functions. This scope is necessary to accomplish that.
View and manage spreadsheets that this application has been installed in
- This allows Flookup to read and write data to the spreadsheet it has been installed in.
Common Spreadsheet Errors
- Try reloading the spreadsheet or reducing the number of cells that are concurrently performing calculations.
- First, ensure that you have typed the correct function name and then, if that fails, try reinstalling Flookup, or clearing your browser cache and reloading the spreadsheet.
- #NotSubscribed: Your subscription is inactive because you have not subscribed, your subscription has expired or your current usage requires an Enterprise Plan.
- #SyntaxError: There is an error in the formula you entered.
- #NoResultFound: No results were found that match the criteria you entered.
- #ERROR: Google Sheets experienced a runtime error.
Internal error executing the custom function
- This error means that the function timed out, given that Google only allows 30 seconds of execution for custom functions . Reducing workloads usually resolves the issue.