Frequently Asked Questions
Does Flookup transmit spreadsheet data to any third party?
- No, Flookup does not transmit spreadsheet data to anyone.
Does Flookup store the spreadsheet data it processes?
- No, Flookup does not store any spreadsheet data it processes; we do not have any need to do so.
Do Flookup developers view user data?
- No, it is our policy not track users or usage patterns outside the script execution data (successes and failures) that Google provides by default.
I subscribed but I still don't have the Premium Plan features
Here are a few things you can do to resolve this issue:
- Give it a few minutes. When you subscribe, your premium experience is unlocked immediately. However, in some rare cases, there might be a delay because of server synchronization but this does not take more than 10 minutes.
- Review your subscription status by heading to Add-ons > Flookup > About Flookup in the spreadsheet menu.
- Make that sure you entered the correct email address under Subscriber Email while subscribing.
Flookup is just not working as advertised
- There is an open issue that revolves around errors you might experience when installing or using add-ons while signed into 2 different accounts. Please verify that this is not the case by signing out of one account or using Flookup in incognito mode.
- If you have more than one user accessing a single spreadsheet, you may either subscribe for one of our Enterprise plans or you remove the extra users.
Does Flookup have an API available?
- No, not yet.
Is Flookup free?
- No, but Flookup has a free unlimited trial available for 7 days.
ABOUT FLOOKUP PERMISSIONS
Add-ons that request certain sensitive OAuth scopes (permissions) are subject to verification by Google. Below is a list of the OAuth scopes that we were granted permission to use with Flookup (after completing the said verification) and a brief description of how we use them:
Connect to an external service
- Flookup connects to a database within Google's ecosystem (https://firebase.google.com) to retrieve subscription information. This information, which is retrieved from PayPal, includes your email address, amount you paid and the subscription plan you are on.
View your email address
- Flookup has functions that display prompts to communicate important messages to you or to initiate certain functions. This scope is necessary to accomplish that.
Display and run third-party web content in prompts and sidebars inside Google applications
- Flookup views your email address strictly for the purposes managing your subscription.
View and manage spreadsheets that this application has been installed in
- This allows Flookup to read and write data to the spreadsheet it has been installed in.
COMMON SPREADSHEET ERRORS
- Try reloading the spreadsheet or reducing the number of cells that are concurrently performing calculations.
Internal error executing the custom function.
- This error means that the function timed out because Google only allows 30 seconds of execution for custom functions . Reducing workloads usually resolves the issue.
Service invoked too many times in a short time: exec qps. Try Utilities.sleep(1000) between calls.
- First, ensure that you have typed the correct function name and then, if that fails, try reinstalling Flookup, reloading the spreadsheet or running any of the Flookup functions in the add-on menu.
Hover your cursor over the cell containing the error and a tooltip showing the details of the error will be displayed. The message you see means one of the following issues is at play:
- No result was found.
- There is an error in your syntax.
- Your subscription is inactive or your current usage requires an Enterprise License.