Frequently Asked Questions
Does Flookup transmit spreadsheet data to any third party?
- No, Flookup does not transmit spreadsheet data to anyone.
Does Flookup store the spreadsheet data it processes?
- No, Flookup does not store any spreadsheet data it processes; we do not have any need to do so.
Do Flookup developers view user data?
- No, it is our policy not track users or usage patterns outside the script execution data (successes and failures) that Google provides by default.
I subscribed but I still don't have the Premium Plan features
Here are a few things you can do to resolve this issue:
- Make sure that you subscribed while logged into the correct account. If that was not the case then, while logged into the correct account, head to Add-ons > Flookup > Enterprise > Database sync and click "Synchronise".
- Review your subscription status by heading to Add-ons > Flookup > About Flookup in the spreadsheet menu. You might want to click the "Refresh" button to be sure.
- If the message reads "Please purchase an Enterprise License", then you should either remove edit rights from your collaborators, remove your spreadsheet from a shared folder or upgrade your premium plan by purchasing an Enterprise License.
- Make that sure you entered the correct email address under "Subscriber Email" while subscribing.
- Using an add-on while signed into 2 different accounts might make it malfunction. Please verify that this is not the case by signing out of one account or ensuring that your "Subscriber email" is the default account.
Does Flookup have an API available?
- No, not yet.
Sign in with Google temporarily disabled
While attempting to install Flookup, you might see this message:
Sign in with Google temporarily disabled for this app. This app has not been verified yet by Google in order to use Google Sign In
This is a system error from our host and we are working on ways of getting it fixed.
In the meantime, we recommend that you refresh your browser (possibly clear your cache/cookies), then try again.
ABOUT FLOOKUP PERMISSIONS
Add-ons that request certain sensitive OAuth scopes (permissions) are subject to verification by Google. Below is a list of the OAuth scopes that we were granted permission to use with Flookup (after completing the said verification) and a brief description of how we use them:
View your email address
- Flookup views your email address strictly for the purposes managing your subscription.
Connect to an external service
- Flookup connects to a database within Google's ecosystem (https://firebase.google.com) to retrieve subscription information. This information, which is retrieved from PayPal, includes your email address, amount you paid and the subscription plan you are on.
Display and run third-party web content in prompts and sidebars inside Google applications
- Flookup has functions that display prompts to communicate important messages to you or to initiate certain functions. This scope is necessary to accomplish that.
View and manage spreadsheets that this application has been installed in
- This allows Flookup to read and write data to the spreadsheet it has been installed in.
COMMON SPREADSHEET ERRORS
- Try reloading the spreadsheet or reducing the number of cells that are concurrently performing calculations.
Hover your cursor over the cell containing the error and a tooltip showing the details of the error will be displayed. The message you see means one of the following issues is at play:
- No result was found [#N/A].
- There is an error in your syntax.
- Your subscription is inactive or your current usage requires an Enterprise License.
- Google Sheets experienced a runtime error.
- First, ensure that you have typed the correct function name and then, if that fails, try reinstalling Flookup, or clearing your browser cache and reloading the spreadsheet.
Internal error executing the custom function
- This error means that the function timed out because Google only allows 30 seconds of execution for custom functions . Reducing workloads usually resolves the issue.