Frequently Asked Questions
Does Flookup transmit spreadsheet data to any third party?
- No, Flookup does not transmit spreadsheet data to anyone.
Does Flookup store the spreadsheet data it processes?
- No, Flookup does not store any spreadsheet data it processes; we do not have any need to do so.
Do Flookup developers view user data?
- No, it is our policy not track users or usage patterns outside the script execution data (successes and failures) that Google provides by default.
I subscribed but I still don't have the Premium Plan features
- Give it a few minutes. When you subscribe, your premium experience is unlocked immediately. However, in some rare cases, there might be a delay because of server synchronization but this does not take more than 20 minutes.
- Review your subscription status. You can find out more by clicking here.
- Make that sure you entered the correct email address under Subscriber Email.
Flookup is just not working as advertised
- There is an open issue that revolves around errors you might experience when installing or using add-ons while signed into 2 different accounts. Please verify that this is not the case by signing out of one account or using Flookup in incognito mode.
Is Flookup available as an API?
- No, not yet.
Is Flookup free?
- Yes, Flookup has a free option which is available without subscription.
ABOUT FLOOKUP PERMISSIONS
Clients that request certain sensitive OAuth scopes (permissions) are subject to verification by Google. Below is a list of the OAuth scopes that we were granted permission to use with Flookup (after the said verification) and a brief description of how we use them:
Connect to an external service
- Flookup connects to a database within Google's ecosystem (https://firebase.google.com) to store subscription information. This information, which is retrieved from PayPal, includes your email address, amount you paid and the subscription plan you are on.
View your email address
- Flookup views your email address strictly for the purposes managing your subscription.
Display and run third-party web content in prompts and sidebars inside Google applications
- Flookup has functions that display prompts to communicate important messages to you or to initiate certain functions. This scope is necessary to accomplish that.
View and manage spreadsheets that this application has been installed in
- This allows Flookup to read and write data to the spreadsheet it has been installed in.
COMMON SPREADSHEET ERRORS
Internal error executing the custom function.
- This error means that the function timed out because only allows Google 30 seconds of execution for custom functions . Reducing the table sizes usually resolves the issue.
Service invoked too many times in a short time: exec qps. Try Utilities.sleep(1000) between calls.
- Try entering a range as the parameter, instead of a single cell, if the function allows it. Please see the documentation to find out how.
- Ensure that you have typed the correct function name and then try reinstalling Flookup, reloading the spreadsheet or running any of the Flookup functions in the add-on menu.
- Try reloading the spreadsheet or reducing the number of cells that are concurrently performing calculations.
- This means that you are either using the free version of Flookup and have reached the limit of the function in question or no match was found for the arguments you entered.